I'm thrilled to have the support of so many instrumental leaders in San Diego’s African-American community who have dedicated their lives to advocating for social justice, community equity and racial equality.
We need a County Government that empowers all our communities, invests in our neighborhoods and is focused on building a brighter future for every family.
At the Port of San Diego, I've worked hard to strengthen the Equal Opportunity Program, create good jobs and clean up the pollution harming underserved communities, but we need all our elected leaders focused on these priorities.
On the County Board of Supervisors, I'll fight to:
- Ensure every San Diegan is treated with dignity and respect
- Give all our communities a seat at the table and voice in county decisions
- Protect clean air and water in every neighborhood
- Work to make county leadership and staff reflect our diversity
- Prioritize equity for our communities in county budget decisions
- Strengthen the bonds between communities and police
- Reject the politics of division and discrimination dominating our national politics.
The African-Americans for Rafael Castellanos Coalition includes:
- Robert Tambuzi, Black Men United
- Ken Malbrough, Chairman, Encanto Planning Committee
- Dr. Andre Branch, NAACP San Diego, past-President
- Dr. Willie Blair, Black American Political Association of California, San Diego Chapter
- Racquel Vasquez, Mayor of Lemon Grove
- Alyce Pipken-Allen, Black American Political Association of California, San Diego Chapter
- Ellen Nash, Black American Political Association of California, San Diego Chapter
- Demetre Booker, Comunidad Realty Partners
- Ed Spriggs, Imperial Beach City Council
- Barry Pollard, Executive Director, Urban Collaborative Project
- Frank Jordan, NAACP California, past-President
- Dr. Steven Jones, CEO, Jones Inclusive
- Bruce Mayberry, Chair, Central San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. John Warren, Publisher, Voice & Viewpoint
- Bishop George McKinney, Senior Pastor, St. Stephens Cathedral Church
- Philip Liburd, Education Advocate and Community Activist
- Janice Brown, Chair, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Sam Bedwell, Black American Political Association of California, San Diego Chapter
*Affiliations and titles are for individual identification purposes only and do not imply endorsement by any organization.